Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Drugstore Game

What is the Drugstore Game?

In a nutshell, it means using ECBs, RRs, SCRs and coupons to get huge discounts on groceries, health and beauty products, and household items for 80%, 90% or 100% discount!

I must admit, I'm not as good at the game as I'd like to be. I routinely save 75% and often save much more, but more seasoned gamers than me spend much less OOP than me. I have a few links for you from the pros, who will explain all you need to know to play the Drugstore Game.

I must admit, many times it is just that for me: a game. It's fun to try and work out great deal scenarios and gratifying to leave the store with $30 worth of products for $1.50. However, I want to caution you to start slowly. Don't try to learn all three stores at once. You'll go crazy. You'll burn out. You'll spend too much. Don't try to get every deal. Get what you know your family will use in the next couple of months. Let's just say, I have gone overboard a time or two...

I recommend you start with CVS or Walgreens (Wags). Rite Aid is a bit complicated, and because their sales start on Fridays, I often find them sold out of the best deals by Monday when I usually start my shopping week after I've had a chance to look at all the other store ads and coupons.

Now for those great links. Learn all you can from these pros.

Chief Family Office The Drugstore Game: A Primer

Money Saving Mom  CVS 101

Chief Family Officer How to Play the Drugstore Game at CVS

Money Saving Mom Walgreens 101

Chief Family Officer How to Play the Drugstore Game at Walgreens

Moms Need to Know Rite-Aid 101

Chief Family Officer How to Play the Drugstore Game at Rite-Aid

No comments:

Post a Comment