Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dropbox

I don't just like saving money, I like saving time, too!
I take a lot of pictures with my iPhone. I like to share them on Twitter, Facebook, my blogs and my digital scrapbooks. I found a way to get those pics off my phone and into my laptop and my PC without a USB cord, thumb drive or disc!

I downloaded a FREE program called Dropbox. There is also a Dropbox app for my iPhone.  Basically, from my phone I just open the app, click "photo" and choose a picture to "drop" in the "box." Later, using either one of my computers, I just click on the Dropbox icon and a folder opens that contains everything in my box.

I can share files between computers very easily! I can even drag a file from the box to my Twitter client or Picasa on the web!

I have found other uses as well. I keep many recipes in my computer. I sometimes find a good one in a magazine, and after trying it out on the family I type it into my laptop. I used to have to copy the document to a thumb drive and carry it upstairs to my PC and copy it to my recipe folder there, but now I just drop it in my box and voila! I have all of my hundreds of recipes on both computers! I can start writing a blog post offline, and continue it on my other computer later.

There are zillions of uses for this FREE program that I can think of, and I'm not even in the business world! You can even share files with other people using Dropbox. Just click the link to get your own Dropbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment