Saturday, February 26, 2011

Here Come the Birthday Freebies!

My Gmail box is a little bit fuller now. With one week to go before my birthday, the freebies are starting to appear. Today I printed the following:

      Free Rooty Tooty Fresh & Fruity from IHOP
      Free Dip Trio or Brownie Sundae from On the Border
      Free bowl of noodles at Noodles and Company

Speaking of my birthday, I'm asking for only one thing this year. My family is participating in a food packing event to help feed hungry people in Tanzania, Haiti and San Diego County. We are fundraising to help cover the cost for the food and shipping.  Please check out my other blog for more info.

Here's a pic of the freebies that came in the mail this week.
Guess what Tuesday is?? FREE Pancake Day at IHOP.


I get daily deal alerts from Groupon and Living Social, and use Yelp and Foursquare on my iPhone when I'm away from home and need to find a quick deal on dining or entertainment. I have signed up for other cities now, keeping an eye out for deals I can use on my road trip this summer. Here's another Deal Site I signed up for today. Mamapedia Sweet Deals offers you incredible discounts on family-friendly products and services in your local area.  Plus, when you purchase a Sweet Deal, 5% of your purchase goes to the school of your choice. Check out Mamapedia Sweet Deals here.

My ridiculous TV is amazing. I can Tweet and Facebook from it, stream music and movies from Netflix, Amazon and Rhapsody, check Yahoo news headlines and weather. The best thing about it though is the incredible picture quality! I had a couple of gal pals over last night and we watched Avatar on Blu-ray. We all kept commenting on the beautiful picture, which almost looked 3-D. The other day I watched some Star Trek Original Series on DVD. Even though I have the plain DVDs, not the remastered set or Blu-ray, it was TOS as I have never seen it before. The picture quality was amazing, and it didn't hurt that I chose an episode that had Captain Kirk shirtless for a good portion of it! ;-)  I'm very happy with my purchase. I think I made good use of my Costco AMEX rebate.

No comments:

Post a Comment